Changes compared to 20.11.3 and 20.12.2
– Feature: Support editing advanced email settings in the Comet Backup desktop app.
This feature is already available in the Comet Backup web version of the software. Now the feature is also available in the Comet Backup desktop app. // Link to Documentation
– Feature: Support Static Locations for new Spanned targets, improving performance in limited situations.
An advanced feature for brand new spanned storage – people who are configuring their Comet Server storage infrastructure for the first time and want to get a little more performance. // Link to Documentation
– Feature: Support requesting a “Custom Remote Bucket” from an API endpoint
An advanced feature to implement direct-to-cloud for storage types that Comet doesn’t yet support directly. Comet currently supports Backblaze B2 and Wasabi but this lets you wire up your own support for other storage types. // Link to Documentation
– Enhancement: Support editing existing custom driver, file, folder, and command entries in the USB Recovery Media wizard
– Enhancement: Minor reduction in memory usage when loading data packs from the Storage Vault
– Enhancement: Automatically upgrade data encryption formats for more field types in the Comet Server cometd.cfg file
– Enhancement: Detect Linux distro to provide more detailed instructions if the client installer fails to find an installed xz decompressor
– Fix an issue with unclear error messages when failing to launch a subprocess during some operations
– Fix an issue with not trimming excess pasted whitespace in the Serial field in the Comet Server Service Manager
– Fix an issue with failing to visually browse data in a Storage Vault
– Fix an issue with not using cryptographic randomness when generating GUIDs in the Comet Server web interface
– Fix a cosmetic issue with scrollbar position in some Setup Wizard panes in the Comet Server web interface