Changes compared to 17.6.0
– Feature: New backup type “VSS-Aware Component”
You can now backup Windows Registry, WMI subsystem, Exchange Server 2003, Hyper-V and more via VSS. However what options are available to backup are dependent on what is installed on the device.
– Feature: Option to install pre-logon service in Comet Backup
This feature allows Comet to run in the background.
– Feature: Option to log out of Comet Backup
Complimenting the above feature, this allows you to setup a backup, then logout of the client.
– Feature: Display file sizes, total file size when selecting files in Comet Backup
View upfront backup size estimations.
– Enhancement: Construct exclusions rather than inclusions when selecting files in Comet Backup
– Enhancement: Improve display of platform name in Connected Devices page in Comet Server
– Enhancement: Small performance enhancement when backing up pre-compressed files
– Enhancement: Improve performance of displaying large folders when selecting files in Comet Backup
– Enhancement: Always skip backup for pagefile.sys, hiberfil.sys, swapfile.sys files on Windows
– Enhancement: Add icon display for Protected Items in Comet Server
– Enhancement: Improve column layout and resize behaviour in the Restore dialog in Comet Backup
– Reduce scope of the Setup Wizard in Comet Server Service Manager – Use the full settings wizard in the web interface
– Fix an issue with not re-using idle keep-alive network connections
– Fix an issue with not applying Dutch translations in some cases
– Fix an issue with retrying VSS snapshots during permanent failure type 0x8004230D
– Fix a cosmetic issue with resizing error popup dialogs in Comet Backup
– Fix a cosmetic issue with selecting rendering engine for embedded Help browser in Comet Backup
– Fix a cosmetic issue with flicker when returning to the Backup dashboard in Comet Backup
– Fix a cosmetic issue with not automatically retranslating Protected Item and Storage Vault names in Comet Server
– Fix a cosmetic issue with display of suspended accounts in the User list in Comet Server
– Fix a cosmetic issue with going back beyond the first page of the Setup Wizard in Comet Server