Changes compared to 21.3.1
– Feature: Redesign restore dialog and job report’s ‘File’ tab to use two panes, improving performance for very large numbers of files
– Feature: Redesign Protected Item configuration to separate ‘Authentication’ and ‘Items’ tab (in the Comet Backup desktop app)
When you’re trying to back up a MySQL database, MSSQL database (and others), this new feature asks you to set up a valid connection before Comet goes to try and use it. There is also a “Test connection” button for many of these types.
– Feature: Allow supplying a custom *.icns branding image to use for the Menu Bar icon for the Comet Backup desktop app on macOS
As an MSP, if you are having trouble designing a single image that works for both the bright, vibrant application icon as well as the somber monochrome menu bar icon, there’s now an option to just upload two separate images. If you don’t supply one, the same icon will be used in both places, as before.
– Feature: Show the status of last/current Self-Backup jobs on the About This Server page in the Comet Server web interface
In the Comet Server web interface, on the “About this Server” page, you can now see the status of your last Server Self-backup job. You could always dig through the server log to find the same information, but this is a quick way to make sure there is a recent job and that were no problems with it.
– Enhancement: Update Spanish translation
– Enhancement: Add warning for invalid syntax when entering a glob or regex exclusion in the Comet Server web interface
– Enhancement: Use cryptographic-strength randomness for random password suggestions in the Comet Server web interface
– Enhancement: Minor performance improvement for loading the Comet Server web interface, by reducing asset bundle sizes
– Fix an issue with “BucketExists” error messages when connecting to a Wasabi Storage Vault
– Fix an issue with detecting buckets in the Wasabi us-central-1 region if no other Wasabi regions can be contacted
– Fix a cosmetic issue with blank file type icons when selecting files to restore in the Comet Backup desktop app on macOS
– Fix a cosmetic issue with the webpage going to a grey screen if no extension was specified for restoring as archive
– Fix a cosmetic issue with error messages if a Wasabi bucket cannot be found on any known Wasabi region
– Fix a cosmetic issue with tables inside tabs always going to minimum responsive width on Chrome