Changes compared to 21.2.1
– The top-level administrator user accounts can now only log in to the Comet Server web interface at a non-Organization URL
– Feature: Support suspending an Organization
This has the effect of preventing all that organizations’ admin accounts and users from signing-in to the software. It’s useful to temporarily disable one of your resellers who haven’t paid their bill. // Link to Documentation
– Feature: Support advanced search queries when restoring files in the Comet Backup desktop app
You have long since been able to search by name, file size, and file modification time through your backed-up files. But now you can combine clauses, use AND/OR, brackets, regex search, starts-with/ends-with/contains, and much more with the power of the full query system.
This also plays into the enhancement: “Allow searching for backed-up files by object type, such as symlink / block device / EFS-encrypted file in the Comet Backup desktop app”. Often, users would discover they had backed up an EFS-encrypted file, but not know exactly where on their PC it was found from.
– Feature: Allow multiple admin users to have the same username if they belong to different Organizations
This allows “admin” to mean different accounts if they log in via a different Organization.
– Enhancement: Allow searching for backed-up files by object type, such as symlink / block device / EFS-encrypted file in the Comet Backup desktop app
– Enhancement: Compress older backup job logs inside the comet-jobs.db3 file, reducing file size
– Enhancement: Minor performance improvement for the Comet Backup desktop app
– Enhancement: Cosmetic redesign the SSH tunnel popup for MongoDB Protected Items to use standard Property Sheet style
– Fix an issue with growing memory usage of the backup-interface process when opening and closing a lot of dialog windows
– Fix an issue with growing filesize of the comet-sessions.db3-wal file
– Fix an issue with intermittent delays if there is a lot of admin web/api traffic to the Comet Server
– Fix an issue with unclear admin account descriptions in Comet Server log messages because admin usernames are no longer unique
– Fix an issue with malformed API responses when logging in to Comet Server if the disk is full
– Fix a cosmetic issue with incorrect timestamps displayed in the Comet Server logs if Self-Backup is falling behind its job schedule